Thursday, May 22, 2014

Comparisons: Choose One!




Whenever I'm posed with a dilemma, I can't help but make comparisons. I look at this or that and compare and try to categorize it. 

So, that's what I've tried to do with this whole color/energy analysis in the last year. It has caused me to go round and round because I get such conflicting information. 

I'm down to these most days:

1. Am I Light Spring or Light Summer? Do I have a spring influence and am summer, or have a summer influence and am spring?
Am I 1/2 or 2/1?

Light Spring Blue or Light Summer Blue?

2. Am I Cool Summer or Soft Autumn? Am I soft? 
(Is that 2/4, 2/3?) 

3. Am I Bright Spring or Some Other Spring?
Really bright spring seems to overpower me and I don't really like the straighter lines. So, 1/4? 1/2? 1/3? Clear colors? 

4. Am I a 4/something? That would be winters and there are the combos 4/1, 4/2, 4/3. I don't think so, but doubt creeps in when I seem to test out in Type 4 personality things.

And what's really confusing is that I get good arguments for any of the above from various people. Who do you trust to really know you? To really give you a good opinion about your coloring? I've trusted each one and still get differing opinions. 

Or I get mamby-pamby, wishy-washy opinions of "well, how do you feel?" "what do you want to be?" "what are your problems with this type or that?" 

Just say it because I have trouble understanding what you're trying to say! I hate it when people beat around the bush. It drives me straight up the wall to have to try and read what you're saying to me. In fact it makes me ice-cold mad. 

Only two people ever told me that they thought "for sure" that I was a certain season/type. The first one said she thought (given as her professional opinion) that I'm a Light Summer. She indulged me with discussion about it, answered my million questions and still held to her opinion though she said if I wanted to try Light Spring or Cool Summer just to see, to go ahead. LOL. (She had a good point!) I keep coming back to that one because she really did take her time, looked at childhood photos, listened to everything. That would be type 2/1. 

This is what she sent to me to prove her point: Light Summer. Convincing, huh? 
The other person immediately said I was Type 2 with a secondary of 3. She also had good points. She wouldn't discuss it but simply said that I was using too much of my secondary, but probably for good reason. That actually made sense to me, too. But the colors didn't seem to jive with me.  

I can really see Light in me. I am so fair, I think I actually reflect back whatever color I'm wearing. I am translucent. I'm so fair, my eye doctor has said I'm light blonde clear through to the back of my eyes. So, here's the test--Light Summer (like one analyst said) or Light Spring (which does have some evidence.) I have had more than one person say she thinks I'm 1/2 and one person went so far as to say I'm 1/2/3/4! (Four being last!) 

I've been told to do a 30-day challenge. I did do it with T2 (summer colors, but mostly soft summer colors.) After awhile, I got overwhelmed with emotion. I'm probably a mood dresser. That means I go to my closet and pick things out according to my mood or the occasion. With a closet full of things that really do not follow a rhyme or reason, that gives a lot of credence to T1 and thus, T1/S2 Light Spring. 

I know I need to start with the hair. I found a file yesterday going over my hairstyle (and color) and I did get a hairstyle I liked at the time. Not sure I can find anyone who can do the color and finding the right color as I'm fading is tough for me, too. 

Thirty days to change. Shall I do 30 days of Light Summer and start with my hair? Or go warmer and do Light Spring?
Light Summer Red? Or Light Spring Red? 

Light Summer Green? Or Light Spring Green? 
Light Summer Colors? 30 Days of this? 
Can't decide. (Another point in favor of T1 or T2? Or both!) 

I did this hair from age 50-52

#1 Hairstyle. I like the length of this. 

#2 Hairstyle: This is like the style I had.

Hairstyle #3: This color is close to what it was  when I was younger. I think I've faded too much to maintain that color. 

Hairstyle #4: Let it grow! 

Hairstyle #5: Let it grow, but not so much. 
I just think if I could decide, I could move on and think about other things with greater intensity. Get one thing off my plate, get my wardrobe into shape and move freely about my business at hand! Is that too much to ask? Is it wrong to just want to feel confident of who I am, spend less time choosing clothes for the many activities I have? 


No comments:

Post a Comment