Sunday, May 18, 2014

Stardate: Spring 2014 Where I Am Today

May 18, 2014


I suspect this will be only interesting to me, but it's a place to record my explorations into color/seasons topics, as well as personality and energy. About a year ago I started thinking about how much I had changed since turning (shhhhh!) 50. (I'm now 56.) I went on an exploration of color systems out in the internet universe and found Dressing Your Truth. It turned out to contribute a lot of confusion for me, but did get me to thinking about my true nature.I wanted to know who I really am, where I've been and how that will help me to get to another stage more gracefully. 

I will record the history of this journey in another blog post by years and likes, but I'm challenged to record daily "feelings" about my colors/personality in a journal, so I might as well do it here. My personality factors in because who doesn't dress according to how her/his personality dictates? I have always tended to be influenced by peers/husband and only occasionally do I make choices that are "me." I'd like to change that in this stage of my life. 

Today…I colored my platinum hair (also was colored as my original color was graying strawberry blonde) to a more golden hue, which is "like" my original color. I notice that lines and shadows disappeared and I glow more. I had thought for weeks that I had to be a summer of some sort, and to just get used to the fading color and all those shadows, wrinkles. However, wearing this spring-type color shirt, spring makeup and my hair more golden, I seem to have come alive. I'm not as icy in coloring as I perceived. Just like that.

In some ways I don't like it. I think I'm not acting my age. I want to go back to wearing black because suddenly no one takes me seriously. But I also know that I probably don't look that good in black unless you're far away from me. 

When this photo was taken, I didn't think I needed to lighten it up or remove under-eye bags. It's just "me." That probably says volumes. 

I want people to like me. That's the personality part of it. I am sensitive and a bit quiet, but do like people. I can have a "wicked" sense of humor, but tend to protect or be sensitive to others. 

This makes me think I'm a T1/T2. Or perhaps a T2/T1. That translates to Light Spring or Light Summer. 

It looks like that in this photo. 






No comments:

Post a Comment