Wednesday, May 21, 2014

There Comes a Time

There comes a time when you have so much information, it becomes a big tangled mess! And I'm at that point. I am stepping back, going back to the beginning and doing a "do-over." 

I've been told so much conflicting information, I just don't know any more. I've forgotten to trust the small, still voice within me. 

Which End is Up? (This is from underneath "Cloud Gate" in Chicago)
 And with that comes release. You're released to be. To be yourself. To just like what you want to like. To wear what you know looks good. Be who you are. 

I've aged. I know some things about myself just from living and going through so many things. I don't like being told what to do or who to like or what to be. 

My Grandmother Anna on the far right. I want to know her and her sisters! The one on the far left, Mina, was a writer like me. 
I love dressing in layers. I love antiques, antiqued jewelry, blue colors, denim and dangly earrings--preferably in antiqued silver. I'm quiet and I like being quiet. I don't scream around or get excited. I sit and watch. That should be a big sign, right? 

I love all of these people, my husband's people, and we still have the house where this photo was taken. I love that.
I love reading fiction, gardens, editing, books, dinners with family, pretty things, pens, dolls, genealogy, reading history, movies, art, country things, country music, the Blues, guitars, old photos and hiking. 
These are my people, Swedes who lived in America. This photo is an interesting character study for me and  it's way too formal for me. 
I prefer quiet evenings by a fire outside just talking and laughing with close friends & family. I love log cabins and country living. I love watching birds, especially birds that come down on the pond to feed in the evening, and I love hearing the owls at night. Kittens, puppies, babies, softness, comfy chairs, Shabby Chic--all go to my loves list. 

When I step back and really look at myself…I'm gentle and soft, a bit goofy,but detail-and-goals-driven. 

All that adds up, doesn't it? I question, question, question--but if someone tells me, NO MORE QUESTIONS! well, that doesn't stop me from questioning! I'm persistent in wanting to know. I have just as much right to be here, to question, to know, as you do! And you can tell me to back off, but I then push harder (though I may take a different tactic.)

This "feels" like me, for what it is worth. I feel less-stressed about it all, already. 


Where do you go to get yourself "centered?" I know I have to get outside, be by myself, listen to birds chirping, or watch snow falling and maybe watch kittens play. I write in my journal and read. There comes a time when I have to put my hands over my ears and listen to my heart. 








No comments:

Post a Comment