Monday, May 19, 2014

When You Get to Be My Age

When you get to be my age, some things become important and some things just aren't worth my kind of time. For example, I have this thing about shoes, but I don't like just any shoes. (I do have heels, but I've gotten where I just don't wear them.) They must be comfortable, and well, they must be comfortable. I do have some pride and will go for flash. Nothing too frumpy, though the second photo could border on frumpy. 

Yesterday afternoon, though temps were cool, I took inventory of my flip flops and some sandals and wore flip flops around the house. Here's what I came up with. 

Just got these this month. They caught my eye and matched an outfit I had in mind.



Wore these everyday on my trip to Florida this year. Will be wearing them a lot. Coral is a preferred color for me. 

Adore these Naots. Not only are they comfortable and easy to slip on, they have a bit of bling in gold gems and little flowers on brown leather. I would buy outfits just to go with these!

I have more but that's all for now. I have two pair of flip flops with jewels on them made by the Justin Boot company. Those are cool. If I can't wear sandals, I tend to go for my boots. I would have 10 pairs of boots if I could. That's for another shoe blog post. I do have a pair of tennies, but I don't really like wearing them. I would prefer to have a pedi when wearing sandals, but I just haven't had the time for it. I can't decide on the color of nail polish, either.

I did sort out a bunch of clothes into piles to deal with. The piles are:
1.My sweatshirts (obviously an important part of my wardrobe. 
2. clothes I have a tough time parting with because of expense or quality and needing something else to replace them, but they probably need to go. 
3. clothes I'm still deciding if the color suits me. I just don't know. 

I sort clothes I'm getting rid of in my big garden tub (because I don't usually like taking long soaking baths)


Here are yesterday's color photos, and I don't know if I am wearing the best color for me or not. Not sure how to categorize the color of this sweatshirt, either. It's comfortable and I like that it says "Mackinac Shoreline Division." I got it eight years ago on a golfing/wedding anniversary trip to upper Michigan. I fell in love with it immediately and had to have it. It's made by Big Cotton. It has a few bleach stains on the front and is frayed at the cuffs. Probably isn't flattering, but I didn't care. I had my hair up in a clip in back and wore a soft blush. I'm thinking of cutting my hair short because I really hate messing with it at this length. 
For this one I'm wearing a T1 lip color called Geranium (a pink)
This one is my very light T2 lip color called Dusty Rose (a rose--ha!)
I'm in a stretch where my husband (I'll refer to him as The Irate Overlord) is working early so we get up at 4 a.m. I hate that. I feel pretty much dragged out all day during these stretches. I ache all day. It's hard for me to feel too motivated. Thus me pulling out the Mackinac hoodie to just "be." 


I still go back and forth between T1 (spring) and T2 (summer) colors. I think it might come down to the neutrals. Light Summer goes into some spring colors so they can be flattering. Light Spring has some summery colors. Both palettes have some of the same colors. The hair for both can be light blonde--some gold highlights and some ash blonde if light enough. I don't know. 

These are sweatshirts I'm considering keeping

As far as my personality, I don't think I'm a T1/T2 or a T2/T1 most of the time. I'm a bit abrasive and can be hot-tempered sometimes, and both those types (T1 & T2) can be awfully nice. I don't think I'm that nice. So, then I begin to consider T2/T3 again. I do have a push, a drive and can be bossy. So, again, makes me consider eliminating both Light Summer and Light Spring. 

I keep headgear and necklaces on this rack I hung on my wall. What does that make me? I have edited some of them out and I tend to put like with like (gold with gold; silver with silver.)


This is my earring rack on my dresser. I have a lot of earrings I like but never wear.  Mostly because they're too fussy, but I just think they're pretty.I have a lot of costume jewelry, but tend to just wear the simple quality stuff.  







No comments:

Post a Comment